Grands Vaux

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search




Grands Vaux


GrandsVauxDam1949.png

The dam under construction in 1949


Grands Vaux valley is dominated by the reservoir at the top end, constructed in 1949

Grands Vaux in 2006, showing the primary school in the foreground and the reservoir dam at the bottom left

Le Geyt Road

The area now occupied by Le Geyt Flats, at the bottom end of the valley, was previously known as Le Geyt Road, probably named after Charles William Le Geyt, an owner of property in the valley in the 18th century. The properties in Le Geyt Road were still standing in 1954 and formed a terrace (or terraces) with long, narrow back gardens, as shown in these Public Services Department photographs taken at the time

Businesses

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs