Ann Street

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search



Terraceicon.png


Ann Street


OsborneVillasAnnStreet.png

Osborne Villas, a terrace photographed in 1950,
which has long since disappeared


Ann Street, home to the brewery of the same name, once had some of St Helier's worst slums. They have been replaced by extensive redevelopment with modern housing, a process which continues to this day

Demolition in 1976
S24AnnStreet.png
Maps showing the location of the Salem Chapel which was built for French-speaking Baptists. It then passed to the Church of England, before becoming a meeting place for a section of the Plymouth Brethren. According to Jersey Heritage it then 'degenerated into a dancing hall', still using the name 'Salem'. Finally it became a Mission Hall for the Episcopalians

Businesses

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs